Sunday, March 27, 2011

Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake w/ Orange Glaze


Feeling a bit restless and craving something this beautiful Sunday morning in New York I decided to bake. I am usually not a sweet eater (I'd rather waste my calories on savory) but every once in a while.........

As I sifted through my pantry I came upon a few ingredients I thought would go together nicely.

Ok I took a bit of help from store bought items but I think this was a winner just the same.

1 box yellow cake mix

1 box sugar free orange jello

1 cup fresh cranberries ( these were fresh cranberries I bought and had in my freezer)

1 /4 cup mayonnaise

3 tablespoons orange juice

1 cup confectioners sugar

orange slices and cranberries (optional for garnish)


Make cake according to box directions. Add the jello, cranberries and mayonnaise.

Place batter into a bundt pan and bake for 35-4o minutes in a 350 degree oven. Check for doneness using the toothpick method.

Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out on cooling rack and cool completly.

For the glaze:

Mix together the orange juice with the powdered sugar until you reach a thick yet pourable consistancy. Drizzle over the cooled cake.

Garnish with orange slices and cranberries. Serve and enjoy!


For me this hit the spot. It was like a brunch treat. The combination of orange and cranberries was refreshing just enough sweet and tart, the perfect balance. I had a peice with a lovely cup of coffee and satisfied my craving.


Until tomorrow eat well live well.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10