Monday, March 24, 2014

Pizza de Broccoli Rabe and Prisutto

Today's post is all about America's favorite food. Yes, I am talking pizza. Personally, (I know you are all going to think me crazy) but I do not really like pizza. Never eat it order it or even think about it.
I am not sure when this hate-hate relationship with pizza began but it has been with me for at least 45 years or so.

Don't get me wrong, I love pizza dough, sauce, cheese and any or all the topping one might put onto a pizza, just not all together. There is something about the combination that leaves me, well with a bad stomach. I don't care who makes it I just don't like it.

Having said that I was in Italy for quite a few years and while I was there I must admit I did have pizza a few times. Over there the pizza crust is paper thin the toppings are sparse and the Italians eat their pizza with a fork and knife. I was swayed a bit but not to the degree where I could say I had found a new love in eating pizza.

But I digress as we are talking about the love of pizza. Here is a pizza I came up with filled with all my favorite things. Broccoli Rabe, prisutto and cheese. How could you go wrong. Its basically a broccoli rabe sandwich so whats not to love.

Here's what you need:
1 store bought pizza dough (or your favorite home made recipe)
5 oz. Philadelphia Italian cheese & Herb cooking cream
1 small head sauted broccoli rabe
1 tbs olive oil (for broccoli rabe sauté)
2 cloves garlic chopped (for broccoli rabe sauté)
Salt –pepper (for broccoli rabe sauté)
4 oz. Italian prosciutto
4 oz. pignoli nuts
1-2 tbs olive oil (for drizzle on pizza)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees
In a skillet saute broccoli rabe with 1tbsp olive oil & 2 cloves chopped garlic salt and pepper until wilted. Set aside to cool.
Spread pizza dough out to fit a 12 pizza pan.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Layer (frost) 5 -6 oz. cooking cream onto pizza crust
Top with broccoli rabe, prosciutto and pignoli nuts.
Place in 500° oven 10 min cooking until dough is crisp and browned.

What you will have is the crispiest most delicious pizza that will convert any pizza hating critic.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
 
Leave me a comment letting me know if you tried this,
 

Until tomorrow eat well, live well.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10