Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Going for It!

Todays post is all about stepping out of your comfort zone and just going for it. I am a big believer in thinking anything is possible. You can achieve everything if you believe and are persistent; Soooooooo when a client called wanting a cake done in fondant and topped with a shoe I said "Of course we can do that"!

Now mind you I do not usually work with fondant. Actually this would be my first time so I sat with youtube and watched video after video on how to apply it smooth it and make my cake look great. These videos are invaluable to me I learned so much. I then purchased a chocolate shoe mold and I was ready to go.

I worked for two days on my cake and when I was finished I was pretty proud with the results. The zebra layer worked as well as I hoped and even my first attempt at the quilting layer (While not perfect) really gave me an extra boost of confidence. Here's a picture of the finished product.

"The Shoe Cake"


Even better the client was  thrilled and has since ordered another cake. Ok I am on my way!!!!!!!!!!!

So now you see if you really love to do something and put aside your fears the world is yours. Just remember you have to BELEIVE you can do it.

Until tomorrow eat well, live well



No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10