Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Today @ 5pm I started my long holiday weekend. I am happy just to be off from work. I plan to get in my garden and plant my tomatoes, basil, dill and whatever I find in the garden store. For me there is nothing better than a fresh picked tomato with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of home grown basil. Pair that with a loaf of crusty italian bread and I will never go hungry all summer. Usually I have so many tomatoes I end up giving away more than I could ever eat. My neighbors are already asking if I am planning on planting anything this year.
I make so much pesto that I found I can freeze it and use it as I need to. It's great I am never without a quick appetizer.
Hope you all enjoy a fun, relaxing week end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10