Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls

I love making cookies, but for me the best part is the raw cookie dough. Stange you may say but I would bet there are a few of you out there who would agree. I am sure if we admit it, we have eaten more than our share of raw dough. I often wondered why I never got the suggested yeild amount of cookies, Then I figured it out. I tasted more dough than I actually got on the pan and into the oven. Recently I came across and idea from one of my favorite food sites http://chocoley.com/recipes/chocolatecoveredcookiedough.htm?3 and there it was. The answer to my delima. How to eat raw cookie dough and not have to apologize for it. Genius. The recipie was easy and even removed the raw eggs so there are no worries for those who have issues with that. I got to work right away and as you can see it worked out quite well. I used peanut butter chips and dark chocolate for mine but you can use your favorite combination. Heres how it goes. Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls 2 lbs of your favorite chocolate chips 2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature) 3/4 cup brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk Decorative toppings (optional) With a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour then add the milk. If desired mix in 1/2 cup of the chips into the dough. Cover fingers in flour and roll cookie dough into roughly 1 inch diameter balls. Place on a heavy weight sheet pan lined with parchment paper and put into the freezer for 1 -1 1/2 hours until chilled. Melt the remaining chocolate in a double boiler (or in the microwave on medium power for 30 second intervals) Using a dipping tool (a fork works nicely) add 1 frozen cookie ball at a time to the melted chocolate turning to coat. Place the coated cookie balls on a heavy weight sheet pan lined with parchment paper (now would be the time to add decorations (jimmies, color sprinkles, toasted coconut....) and refigerate until set (approx 10-15 minutes) Yeild: 60 Cookie dough balls Now you can enjoy in my opnion the best part of a cookie. The raw dough! Until tomorrow eat well live well.

2 comments:

  1. Katheryn, wow oh wow! The mere thought of chocolate covered cookie dough makes me smile!
    Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KC. I made these and they were everything I hoped for and more. Try them. You wont be sorry

    ReplyDelete

// 10