Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cream Cheese Iced Carrot Cake Loaf


Many years ago I fell in love with carrot cake. I was a little amazed by this since I am not a big dessert eater and besides everyone would chide me for not picking a chocolate dessert as being one of my favorites.

Finally I figured out why I chose this dessert time after time; It was the Icing silly goose. CREAM CHEESE. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I figured out that the carrot cake was just a veichele for this lucious icing.

To this day anytime Im feeling like I need something I still go for the carrot cake. Makes me feel like Im still being a bit healthy. After all I use real carrots and raisins (thats a fruit) in my batter. I go so far as to replace any oil or butter with apple sauce and that gives the cake (loaf) a light moist texture.

Now we get to how I prepared the icing. I just took 4oz. of softened cream cheese, 2 tbsp white sugar and 1/4 or so cup vanilla flavored coffee creamer. I blended it with a hand mixer until I have a loose enough consistancy so I could pipe drizzle it on the cake; then gave it a dusting of cinnamon.

For me slice of this with a cup of my favorite jo and I'm a happy lady.


Until tomorrow eat well live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10