Saturday, August 20, 2011

Working to your best ability

I was commissioned to make a cake for a young woman who is about to start a new chapter in her life. She is off to college and her family and friends are giving her a party to wish her well.

She had a simple request yellow cake with buttercream icing. No fancy flavors no foofy fondant just straight up and down yellow on white.


Ok so its all about the client and off I went to give her what she wants. Easy enough request, my cakes baked nicely and my buttercream has just enough sweetness and vanilla flavor to please this purist.


Now, the decorations. Ok here is where I can really show my stuff and when I began to think
of all the things I could do to decorate, it occured to me keep it simple but elegant. All she requested was Pink soooooooo. I know all the cakes out there that have edible decorations but I am still a novice (I am practing, practing) and sometimes I frustrate myself because I cannot deliver the level I am satisfied with. I am not too proud to take outside help.


I think these silk flowers are a nice touch to this cake. They give the cake just enough so that it has a WOW! factor. I am pleased and proud to present this to my client.


I have stopped beating myself up and go with what I know will work for me. Until I get better at edible flower decorations this is the way to go.


I hope she enjoys. I had a good time making this for her.
Good luck to you Jacquelyn your future is bright


Until tomorrow eat well live well



No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10