Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dinner for Two

I was contacted the other day by a client who was looking for a simple healthy yet tasty meal for her and her mate. She wanted to keep it light but it needed to satisfy and she was open to any and all suggestions. There really isn't any food she didn't like no restrictions as far as veggies or protein so after a few more minutes of discussion we came up with this delightful meal.

Roasted Butternut Squash with Cod Fish and Dill.

Here's how it came together.

Once I had the butternut squash peeled and deseeded. I diced it, added an apple, sweet red onion, ginger cinnamon and fresh cranberries.

 
 
 
Once everything was prepped it is ready for the oven. Baked at 375degrees for 30-35 min it would make a lovely vegetable side dish.
 
 
 
Now onto the cod. I like fish in it's simplest form. I want to taste the fish not any sauce or breading (maybe it's just me) so I decided to season with salt, pepper, garlic power, dill and a touch of lemon. Drizzled with a touch of oil it too is ready to bake.

 
I placed it in the same 375degree oven at the half way mark of the butternut squash dish and soon they would both be ready for service.

35 minutes later this is what we are rewarded with. Pure YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who says healthy has to be boring.
The client was thrilled and that's what counts the most.

Until tomorrow eat well, live well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10