Friday, September 10, 2010

Coffee Time Treat



It's all about dessert for some people. I know one woman in particular who will almost forego any meal just to get to the dessert round. Im a bit particular about how I use my calories but the dessert I feature today excites me becaue it incorporates one of my favorite things. COFFEE. Its esay to make and even faster to assemble. Hope you enjoy

This dessert came about out of my LOVE for coffee plus the fact I had nothing to serve some unexpected guests one evening. In Italy dessert can be a simple dish of vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot espresso coffee. This is my spin on that dessert.

8 oz. Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese
8 oz. frozen whipped topping (thawed)
1 cup cold strong coffee (I used espresso)
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp espresso powder

In large mixing bowl whip cream cheese, coffee and sugar together until well blended.
Add whipped topping and blend until incorporated. Add espresso powder whip a minute more.
Place coffee mousse in Italian demi-tasse cups. Place in freezer for 15 minutes until it firms up just a bit.
Garnish with grated espresso bean a slice of orange peel and some coffee beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10