Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Appys



Today its all about appetizers. I love these little bites. It means I can have a little bit of everything and more of some. Sometimes when dining out I order my meal just from the appetizer menu.
I cooked up these treats again served them at a party. Wow! I couldnt believe how fast they disappeared. Hope you're inclined to try them and enjoy them as much as my guests.

Cheesy Mushroom and Bacon Bites
4 oz Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, softened
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
2 tbsp finely chopped mushrooms
1 tsp. milk
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp black pepper
1 (8 oz.) can crescent rolls

Preheat oven 375°
In a sauté pan cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside to cool then crumble
In a bowl add softened Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, onion mushroom mixture, milk parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper and mix well.
Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on each rectangle making an even layer. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Roll up starting at shortest end; seal. Cut each roll into 4 slices. Place cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yields 16 pieces
Until tomorrow eat well live well

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10