Sunday, September 19, 2010

Never throw anyhting out

With me its all about using a food until there is nothing left. These days everything costs way too much to just throw it out. I keep morphing it into another dish. My mom had a 1/2 spiral ham the freezer that was left over from Easter holiday this year. She had taken it out of the freezer and defrosted it in the fridge but never used it. So sure it was bad, she was ready to throw it in the garbage. I took one look and after through inspection found it just as good as the day it went into the freezer for future use.
First I proceeded to slice all the meat off the bone. I sliced some to use for dinner this evening. The next was to take some and cut it into chunks and proceeded to make a beautiful Quiche Lorraine. Last but not least I used the bone to produce a hearty soup with carrots, celery, onion
and potato. I threw some small bow tie pasta in and another meal was born.
So there you have it on peice of leftover meat provided me with three lovely meals.
Try this techinque the next time you have a tired peice of anything. Just a little imagination in the kitchen can lead to wonderful results.
Until tomorrow eat well live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10