Sunday, September 12, 2010

Family time


Today it was all about family. I spent a wonderful day at my younger sister, Patricia's, house. It was just our immediate family consisting of 20 people. That includes my 10 neices and nephews.

Most of us were there minus a few who were either working, living away from home or had other plans. It was really nice. I am fortunate enough to have two wonderful sisters whom I speak to and see on a regular basis. They are my best friends. I also have have a brother and while I don't talk to him as often as I like we both know the other is there and only a call away. My brother in laws well they are like my brothers since they have been a part of the family for so long. They are both good men, fathers and friends. My mom is a very big part of my life. She is getting older and maybe not as fast as she used to be but she and I play alot since my dear father passed 18 years ago and Im unattached free to do what ever I like.

About a month ago I became a Great Aunt. Its mind blowing as I dont feel old enough to be one of those. I remember my great aunts when I was a girl. They were wonderful and played a big part in shaping my life.I hope I can do the same for my great neice Gianna Lynn Rocco. She is the grand daughter of the same sister Patricia. Her son, my nephew Thomas is the proud father of this little beauty. She is the spitting image of her father and already the twinkle in his eye. The picture you see is that of 4 generations. My mom, my sister (patricia), her son Thomas, and his daughter Gianna. Again mind blowing and pretty special as far as I'm concerned.

I realize how blessed I am and try not to take my family for granted. They have always been there for me, supported me and cheered me on. I thank God every day for them because I know not every one is as blessed as I.

Family you gotta love them. I know I do.

Until tomorrow eat well live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10