Sunday, June 13, 2010

Girls Nite Out

Had a wonderful evening last night. It was girls nite out at the home of my dear dear friend Roberta. We were about 10 ladies who have known each other for 35 years some even longer. We laughed cried looked at old photos and ATE. Everything was delicious from appy's to dessert. The standout though in my book was the pulled pork a la Roberta. She claims all it was is pork butt (the cheapest cut) water a chili mix some ketchup and vinegar (no measurements sorry she really can't cook but she can do this pulled pork). Brown your meat on all sides. Combine all ingredients in slowcooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Viola this was a flavorful moist entree served on a soft hamburger roll with some home made cole slaw. Simple but Delish. I am going to try this ASAP. Honestly I love pulled pork but have never tried making it myself.
Ok Im off to make Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Truffles. A treat for my co-workers.
Until tomorrow live well eat well

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10