Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Adventures

Hope everyone had a great Memorial day. I am exhausted it was a 3 day whirlwind but fun just the same. I did get my garden planted. I am happy heirloom tomatoes, basil, lettuce and of course my favorite herb dill. I can't wait now its a matter of nurturing and patience. Soon I will begin to see the fruits of my labor.
Did I mention I have a grapetree trellis. It is older than me (pretty old) and while I do not make homemade wine I do harvest the grapes and make pies, jellies and sauces from this wonderful gift from nature. The grapes are starting to turn and my biggest problem is getting to them before the birds do. It takes quite a few grapes to make a pie (they are rather small) so just imagine and I have to get into some pretty funky places to pick them. Always worth the effort though.
Ok I am off to Manhattan tomorrow (I live on Long Island) to audition for a pilot cooking show for Emeril Lagasse. I am taking my best face and personality ,plus some of my better recipes. I'll let you know if I get a call back. Filming starts June 14th. So I should know shortly.
In the meantime eat well and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// 10